On this episode of the DevReady Podcast, Andrew and Anthony talk to Brendan Tremble, founder and director of CX consulting at FT Executive. Brendan explains the concept of CX and how it relates to growing your business and customer base. Brendan also shares some of the things startups should expect when structuring their culture, processes, and products around the values that are informed by best customer experience. Brendan leads one of the top consulting firms in Australia.
● CX (Customer Experience) Consulting.
● Working with startups.
● The core competencies of customer experience.
● Culture as a driver of customer satisfaction.
● How do you measure customer focus?
● Avoiding transactional relationships in your customer base.
● Attracting and keeping customers with CX-based values.
● Understanding the different life cycles of the customer.
● Collecting data to improve customer processes.
● You need to know WHO your customer is.
❏ “Customer needs change every day.” (3:25)
❏ “You need your team around you to be about it.” (6:45)
❏ “It’s a lot cheaper to keep a customer than to go out and get a new one.” (12:00)
❏ “You need to actually have customer-centric values.” (14:45)
❏ “Product development people understand the life cycle of the product.” (20:55)
❏ “It’s not just collecting metrics — it’s how you’re using them.” (22:30)
❏ “Process improvement people make the best CX people.” (25:05)
❏ “Customer experience is really process improvement for customers.” (32:40)
❏ “Trying to do everything doesn’t really serve anyone.” (39:10)
❏ “You have to know which questions to ask.” (43:58)
Check out Brendan’s company: www.ftexecutive.com.au
Find Brendan on LinkedIn.
The Books Brendan Mentions:
● Design Thinking
● Sprint by Jake Knapp
● Outside In by Harley Manning and Kerry Bodine
● Chief Customer Officer 2.0 by Jeanne Bliss